Develop several means of communicating with schools to
ensure complete involvement of all schools large and small and those
lacking resources as well as the wealthy schools.
The Program Manager will:
- Research, plan, pilot, document, communicate, implement, and
coordinate the Hazardous Waste Removal Program (HWRP).
- Coordinate statewide research and resolution of legal issues of
the HWRP in cooperation with the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio
Environmental Protection Agency, the Ohio Department of Health, and
other appropriate agencies.
- Coordinate statewide research and resolution of procedural issues
of the HWRP in cooperation with the appropriate agencies.
- Prepare a Request for Proposals and conduct a selection process to
identify a credible service provider in accordance with established
- Conduct a small-scale process of a safety seminar, obtaining
inventories, and removing chemicals to learn how the process may require
modification to be scaled up statewide.
- Document and communicate the operation of the HWRP in coordination
with the fiscal agency.
- Implement the HWRP in coordination with the advice and consent of
the Advisory Group and the State Department of Education.
- Supervise the removal and proper disposal of hazardous waste from
- Document and recommend future statewide needs to prevent the
recrudescence of this problem.
- Implement the disbursement and fiscal accounting model for the
HWRP funds in coordination with the fiscal agency and the state
department of education.