PROGRAM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Develop several means of communicating with schools to ensure complete involvement of all schools large and small and those lacking resources as well as the wealthy schools.
The Program Manager will:
- Research, plan, pilot, document, communicate, implement, and coordinate the Hazardous Waste Removal Program (HWRP).
- Coordinate statewide research and resolution of legal issues of the HWRP in cooperation with the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, the Ohio Department of Health, and other appropriate agencies.
- Coordinate statewide research and resolution of procedural issues of the HWRP in cooperation with the appropriate agencies.
- Prepare a Request for Proposals and conduct a selection process to identify a credible service provider in accordance with established governmental regulations.
- Conduct a small-scale process of a safety seminar, obtaining inventories, and removing chemicals to learn how the process may require modification to be scaled up statewide.
- Document and communicate the operation of the HWRP in coordination with the fiscal agency.
- Implement the HWRP in coordination with the advice and consent of the Advisory Group and the State Department of Education.
- Supervise the removal and proper disposal of hazardous waste from schools.
- Document and recommend future statewide needs to prevent the recrudescence of this problem.
- Implement the disbursement and fiscal accounting model for the HWRP funds in coordination with the fiscal agency and the state department of education.
Clifford L. Schrader, Ph.D.